Monday, October 19, 2009

Lady Lake Florida, October 17-18. 2009




So I did a little show in Lady Lake, Florida, over the weekend.  It was the first weekend of COLD (for Florida) weather.  Even though I knew that when I checked the weather, the weather-masters had forecast that it would be in the low 70's/upper 60's once it warmed up Saturday afternoon.  But during setup I was really regretting wearing my standard shorts and t-shirt.  Luckily I had a jacket in the car, but, it was COLD after coming off mid ninety degree weather since I got in Florida in September. 




As far as the warmup...when you are sitting on the north side of the show with no wind break in the SHADE, it stays cold all day.  The eight of us that were in the shade all day were little popsicles by the time 5 o'clock roller around.  The people that came out were very nice (although they looked at us funny wearing hats, gloves and coats all day!  LOL  The downside is that the show was very poorly advertised and thus--no crowds either day. 

I did however give out lots of sample soaps.  Since Mt. Dora is just around the corner, so to speak, I hope to see many of these gals at the show next weekend.  Cross fingers!



No comments: