Thursday, February 9, 2012

Packaging Changes--New Tissue Paper...again!

The Story of JackieSoap.com through a visual journey of the tissue paper used in wrapping the handmade shea butter soaps through the years.  {Cue cheesy music}


From the late 1990's

First there was the perfect, elegant STATEMENT tissue paper.  I found it at Micheal's craft store and tracked down the importer.  I bought it for years by the ream with no trouble.  One day my supplier told me they would not sell to individuals anymore.  Even those individuals who were businesses.  Then I found out the paper was discontinued by the manufacturer.


 Then there was the paper I hated.  It was blah.  It was boring.  It was so thin--it tore too easily.  It did fit in with my products o.k.  I switched when the supplier I bought it from discontinued it.  I later found out it was still available on the market, but,  I had already happily moved on to...


Next up,  I switched to handmade mulberry tissue paper.  It was EXPENSIVE.  But, the importer would cut it to the size I needed to wrap soap, so it was a good trade-off.  I liked the variety.  It was heavier than standard tissue so it was so easy to work with and made my part time soap wrapper (Mom) very happy.


A couple more years go by and I find one of my absolute favorites!  So much intense color.  Not bad to work with and the sheets were very generously sized.  It was once again discontinued.  My friend Eve had told me I should go buy a bunch to make sure I would have it...but it was already too late.  I found a guy on eBay who was selling off the end runs of it...but...alas I was too late to get enough of the colors I needed.  I have a few more bars wrapped like this, but, the new tissue is already being used...

Started using in 2012

Not bad.  I like it.  Color, but a little more muted. Nice design  that isn't too big.  
So, maybe I should go buy a few more reams of each????





No comments: