Saturday, February 4, 2012

Shopping Bag Recap for January



OK, I ditched all but one of my cloth bags, and now have 8 really sturdy paper ones.  So how did I do in January.  The first week was easy of course.  Motivation and memory were high.

The second week, I was in line checking out when I remembered.  So, I asked Rod to help me remember for next week.  But, based on how stocked my freezer is right now, what we need at the store may fit in the cloth bag I have in my purse!

The next week I remembered with no problem and even used my cloth bag at a store I went to for non-grocery items.  WIN!

The last week, I was shopping three times.  The first time, with Rod and my parents along, we remembered the bags.  Yea!  But we had two more stops.  One was Sam's Club so I didn't need a bag at all.  The final stop was a Publix in the neighborhood.  It would have been a perfect opportunity to use the cloth bag in my purse...but I forgot.  And the three plastic bags I ended up with could easily have been condensed to only one.

NOTE TO SELF:  The Express Lines are sometimes just that...FAST.  Have your bag ready when you get in line.


No comments: