Wednesday, January 11, 2012

Day 8--It's not a Diet

Oink!  Oink!  Oh that's not me by the way...mine is worse!  :)

Weight Lost -1.5 pounds (yippee)
That's 6 sticks of butter--roughly the equivalent of the butter in the Christmas cookies I ate this year.  :)

There have been some ups and downs the last few days, but, I must say the trend is mainly positive.  I am not going to win any contests here, but, all in all I am exercising daily and my nighttime eating habits are much improved.  I did eat more of a snack then I wanted to one night, but, honestly there is not too much in the house right now that is going to set me back too much.  My Wii times are getting better, but, my balance is still really out of whack.  I think that is my big belly throwing me off!

Patti, Dad and I a couple years back enjoying Ritas at Margaritaville.

Tomorrow will be a huge challenge.  I am going to an afternoon movie (Warhorse) followed by dinner out at a local Tex/Mex restaurant.  Rod and I are going with our friends Tim and Patti.  Patti and I are movie buddies.  Oh, and drinking buddies.  She turned me onto mojitos and we have shared many a blender of margaritas.  She is in good shape and she tends to eat pretty healthy.  She doesn't understand how difficult it is for me to go out and eat bad for one meal and then get right back into diet mode.  That is something I have not learned how to do...yet.  It will be hard to get her to take no for an answer when it comes to drinks and appetizers.   It will be even  harder not to lose contol tomorrow night.  Wish me luck.

I watched the Biggest Loser last night.  My favorite take away from the contestants going out to the grocery store with a dietitian was the line to treat your shopping cart like your stomach.  Only put in what you really want to put in your stomach.  I think I can remember that!




I discovered that the Free Run on my Wii Fit routine can be used while watching other programs.  I can only do 10 minutes at a time right now (at a mile and a half clip supposedly), but, it is nice to be able to watch a TV show while running in place.  And someone on a forum suggested instead of running in place, do side-to-side type tennis drills.  I love the internet--I never would have thought of that!

Oh, and big thanks to those of you who emailed privately!  I really appreciate the support.


No comments: