Friday, January 13, 2012

I did it! Surviving the real test...



It is Day 12 of 28 here in Orlando.  We had a really nice time out with our friends Tim and Patti.  The movie Warhorse was great--definitely worthy of  Spielberg.  Being a horse lover, it was an easy sell for me.  But I think even the guys liked the movie.  (Rod even seems interested in going next week to see Marilyn and Me.)  Tim commented that it was an anti-war commentary from Spielberg and I couldn't agree more.  It certainly will hit a different audience than Schindler's List and that may be a reason he did it.  I don't know how much of it was filmed in England or France, but, it was achingly beautiful.  The young actors who played roles were exceptional.  The actors who played Mom, Dad and the Grandfather were equally compelling. The scenes of the horse "horsing around" as a young stud, the tenderness of the two main horse leads interacting and the fierceness of the "Warhorse" were exquisite.

How I first became aware of "Warhorse"--a piece that was done on the making of the Broadway show


But, how did I do with movie popcorn, nachos and chocolate dessert staring me in the face?  I was victorious!  LOL   Honestly I don't remember even smelling the popcorn.  We were at the early show so maybe it wasn't as strong as usual.  Plus, it was easy for the four of us to skip it as we knew we were eating right after.   I had the tuna tacos at Adobe Gilas, and I didn't eat the rice.  An appetizer was mentioned only once, and since we had just ordered, luckily no one caught on.  I ordered iced tea and didn't miss the margaritas--and Patti bless her heart didn't even mention getting a pitcher...maybe that is something we only do when the hubbies are around!



The hardest part was when getting coffee and dessert were mentioned.  After dropping off my leftovers, we drove to a nice restaurant in our neck of the woods.  The dessert menu was passed around and honestly I could have eaten anything on it except for two things.  I wasn't hungry.  And, I didn't want to lose control!  So I stuck with hot tea and was quite satisfied.

No comments: