Wednesday, April 18, 2012

Award Winning Folk Artist...ME!


I have been doing Fiesta in the Park for over 13 years which means I have done the Spring and Fall shows there at Lake Eola over 20 times since I started making soap.   This year was special because I won an award!  I entered in the Folk Art category and was lucky to actually see the judges and spend some time with them showing them my production pictures, letting them feel my big log of Everything but the Kitchen Sink Soap and even giving them my little sample chunks to try.  It worked!

Sunday afternoon a detail of the show's staff showed up at my booth with the second place ribbon above, a nice cash prize and took pictures!  Betty Lou, the show's new director, even ordered 10 bars to be delivered at the end of the show for her volunteers.   She was going to thank them for doing a dirty job! 

No comments: