Friday, April 6, 2012

Weigh In Week ???


Somewhere between my jumprope breaking into pieces, my Mom and Dad going and coming back from the beach and  Mom falling off the bike, I lost my will to blog weekly about my weight.  But, I have been here more or less faithfully trying to stay on the right track.  We won't count the pint of Ben and Jerry's, that little encounter with the chocolate chip cookie dough or my inability to commit to a morning walk...but all in all I am still down over 12 pounds from January 1st. 

My biggest success is finding some new healthy meals to put into the weekly rotation.  My current favorite is the Tofu and Kale Lasagna I have adapted from the Flat Belly Diet Cookbook.  This is one all of us have enjoyed several times over the last few months.  I have also been faithful to my new Cooking Light magazine trying several recipes a week.  I will try to put some of our other favorites on here, so, you can try them too! 

I think the biggest change is that I have cut out most convenience type ingredients, opting for the whole food instead.  It's an easy change, but, it does require knowing what you are going to make and then having the right stuff in the frig.  I can't rely on the same old shopping list to restock my pantry for meals I have made umpteen million times.  Occassionally my Walmart doesn't stock something I need--why don't they have bean sprouts?  But I am lucky that I have both Whole Foods and Fresh Market within a mile of the house, thus no ready excuse for not making a healthy meal. 

I had to do my bloodwork this morning and I am worried that all the cough and cold medicine I have been taking for the last few days may skew the results.  Probably not, but, is it still a fasting measurement if I took 2 teaspoons of cough syrup in the middle of the night???  Hopefully everything will come out ok in the wash and my doctor will be pleased with my progress over the last few months.  Hopefully.

Now my only worry is that with three sick people in the house, will my hubby be able to stay healthy?  Mom and Dad are on antibiotics, and I am toughing it out--no fever--just cold symptoms.  Rod, let me feel your forehead...

No comments: