Thursday, April 19, 2012

Tissue Paper Holder





Thanks to an idea from Pinterest and a couple baby bed rails donated by my friend Annie I now have a new holder for my reams of tissue paper.  I use the tissue papaer primarily to wrap my soaps and the four reams take up a lot of room.  My Soap Room is really our little teeny iny third bedroom, so, a floor rack such as Rod suggested just wasn't gonna happen.  BUT, I do have a bit of wall room left!


The bed rails that Annie had laying around needed a bit of sanding and a quick spray paint job.  Of course it took me a couple weeks to figure out a plan and then another week to get all my supplies--trips to Walmart and Home Depot were necessary.  When the sanding and painting were done, the rails looked like this:



I had to find some hangers for my plaster walls that would hold a lot of weight.  I never weighed the rails, but, when you add on up to 1000 sheets of tissue--it can get heavy.  So I found some plaster hangers good for 80 pounds and a couple hinges.  I would have liked to get a heavier hinge, but, the rail didn't have enough width to use bigger ones.  Down the road if the small ones don't hold up, I will find some strap hinges to switch out for the small ones. 



First Rod helped me hold up the back rail--the one that would hold all the weight to the wall--and get it leveled so I could get the wall anchors in.  I had hinged the two pieces when they were laying flat out on the porch.  To hang it though, the pieces had to be unhinged. 


Then while I held it and took a picture, Rod screwed in the hinges at the bottom of the wall mounted rail.  I plan on running a rope from the top of the outer rail which will then be able to swing down to about a 45 degree angle so I can add or remove tissue and then just pull it back up to its storage position. 



The rack full and mounted is shown below.   I just need to get some screw hooks and eyes to finish rigging the rope system.  But, I already LOVE it!  Score #1 finished project thanks to my pins on Pinterest!!

No comments: