Friday, April 6, 2012

Things happening around here...


My FREE workforce was cut in half when Mom had her bike accident.  Since she was in a brace to immobilize her index and middle fingers, Dad and I were the soap wrappers this winter.  Here we are working on the Sea Salt soap.  All those little beveled edges get saved to be used in my Everything but the Kitchen Sink Soap...so they are precious little soap curls!



Not much happens around here that doesn't involve work (his and hers), following our sports teams and playing around on the computer...so when we hear a little commotion out by the pool we take notice.  This time it didn't involve snakes...but some cute little ducks visiting us from with Lake Kane or Lake Marsha.  They hesitated getting in at first...I am sure they were thinking to themselves, "I wish these people would weed their patio blocks!" 



But then one little hop and they were in.  They paddled back and forth several times, while I hoped Bonnie would not wake up from her nap and get into the act.  They didn't seem to pay any attention to me.  The water temp was somewhere in the 70's so I was happy to let them take a dip.



Finally they had enough of me snapping pictures.   Once they reached the pool's midpoint, they flapped their wings and were airborn in a matter of seconds.  They headed off to the east in the direction of Lake Kane and maybe their next stop.  Hopefully no jetskis would interrupt their afternoon!


This puzzle was a challenge.  It was big--1000 pieces, but, as usual Mom and I couldn't stop until it was done.  Beautiful colors and cute doggies--and enough sameness to make it fun!





No comments: