Monday, April 27, 2009

Apopka Art and Foliage Festival, April 25 - 26, 2009


This weekend started off all wrong. The gal from the Women's Club who has been setting up the artists area for years was not doing it this year. So, I arrived to set up only to find my spot that I had requested was moved. Someone had decided to hire a surveyor to set up the show! LOL


Now, if that doesn't sound like a problem...let me just say that the Women's Club ended up with a really nice new map of the park. BUT, the actual flow of the show was just as bad as it has always been--but with the major exception that those of us who have done the show for a while found we were all in different locations.




The Kit Land Park is a gorgeous place for a show--but the set up has always been very haphazardous. It is nearly impossible for shoppers to navigate. It is even harder for those poor Women's Club booth sitter volunteers to find a booth--even using a map. This year with everyone moved around it was particularly awful. So having been in the same location for years, my customers knew where to find me--until now.




SO, I did what I did--way down from prior years despite being the ONLY soapmaker at the show. I am so disappointed in the show, but, on the bright side, I got a few plants for the backyard! I think I remember the names--a firebush which has a red stalky flower and a summer callias with delicate looking yellow blooms.




I also got to see Heath and his family and Warren and some of his friends. SO, all was not lost. Let's hope they finally figure out to ask a few artists to come up with a plan for the show...

No comments: