Tuesday, April 21, 2009

Green Acres, April 21, 2009

OK, got the song playing in your head? Scroll down...


The new Strawberry plant.




A row of sweet corn shoots.





Jack and the Bean Stalk




Little Swiss Chard starts.





The Big Tomato






On the left is the new strawberry grow kit and on the right is the cherry tomato seedlings.




Funny, maybe I do have a green thumb in me somewhere. LOL I bought four more packets of seeds (cantaloupe, strawberries, watermelon and a combo of green and red peppers), a strawberry potted plant and I am sitting here and wondering why the heck shouldn't we have a bigger garden since there is no sod in the backyard anyway! So, I may get some cucumbers too! Ha!

Rod thinks I am nuts. I suppose he has already fast forwarded to August when I won't be here and he will have to pick stuff. I tried to bribe him with thoughts of big, tasty tomatoes (ala the ones my Mom grows in Illinois) but he remains sceptical.

No comments: