Monday, April 27, 2009

The Swedes Visit, April 22-24,2009


Fredric



Deb and Jan came down from Fernandina last week to visit with Jan's daughter and family who are here from Sweden. It was a busy week--catching up from my big show in Delray, making soap, cleaning for company and then getting ready for the little show in Apopka. BUT, we had LOTS of fun...mainly involving wine, mojitos and some good food. And Miss Debbie turned out to be an excellent soap wrapper...helping me do a tray and a half for the Apopka show. Thanks, Deb!!!




The Nordstroms made a quick trip over to the IKEA store and turned us onto the shrimp in the food section. Apparently it is caught in Norway and then immediately cleaned and boiled in sea water before being frozen and it is supposed to be yummy. We have not used it yet, but, it is going to be dinner one night. Oh, dang, I wish I had some of Pam's Goodhinds pesto to go with the shrimp. I am gonna be craving that now. . .


Maria and Johan
Rod, Johan and Bo
For dinner we met over at the Ale House. Maria and her family were already there--hubby Johan, sons Fredric (14) and the other son who is coming to the US to try out for some hockey teams--Deb tell me his name please! (22) and daughter Cecelia (20). Bo, Jan's son who lives here in Orlando, met us later with his son, Eric and daughter, Lisa.


Cecelia and Jan

Thursday, while Rod worked and Jan was over at Bo's preparing for the BBQ later, Deb and I made fizzies and wrapped soap. About when we were done, Maria's family came over for a quick dip in the COLD pool. Dang, I wish we had a heater on that (sometimes anyway!) We headed over to Bo's about 6pm--after a cocktail hour or two.





Bo was putting up his sister's family for the week or so that they were here. Maria and Johan spent the nights in Bo's cute little camper. I love it! Everybody had a great time. The guys manned the grill and dinner and drinks were excellent.

I really wish I had grown up in a household where you learned two languages. I really want to learn Italian...and of course being in Florida, Spanish would come in very handy every day. Hm, one day...maybe!


Rod, Fredric and Eric

No comments: