Tuesday, April 7, 2009

Preparing for the BIG SHOW, April 7, 2009

THIS is why I am busy when you call during the day sometimes--and why I
discourage you from coming to pick up soap when I am in production. It's chaotic!!!


Bonnie and I got up and moving at 6 a.m. this morning--it's very unusual for us to be up that early!!! It was cold here--almost 50 degrees and I had to wear jeans for the first time in a couple weeks. Brrrr! I got my emails finished, my shower taken, the my production list worked up and finally got a start at 8 a.m.
I wanted to get a head start on my restocks because I have two full days of soapmaking to do in preparation for the Delray Affair which is about 10 days away. It's not just those soaping days though, then there is two days of cutting, lots of days trimming and wrapping before the soap is ready. Plus, then I have all the other items--lipbalms, fizzies, oils, incense...it all takes a while to get it ready.
I have pretty full curing racks right now, but, you have to be ready for a BIG crowd at Delray...and they usually deliver...even when the weather is dicey. I still need to get my hotel booked...I am gonna be alone this year, so, I will probably be at our "affordable" hotel in Deerfield this time.




No comments: