Thursday, April 2, 2009

Winter Freeze Results, April 2, 2009

I spent the morning in my front planter, trying to wage war on dollar weed. Do you have this where you live? I hate it. I just can't seem to figure out how to get a handle on it. It doesn't help I am only in these planters a couple times a year. Maybe there is something the yard guy can do--note to self: talk to Heath about dollar weed! So, it is taking over the world. Literally...well, my front planters anyway. And, I see it is sneaking around the gate and into the backyard too. Argh.
I was happy to see a couple of the plants that were damaged in the three hard freezes were making a comeback. I thought this hibiscus was a goner, but, look...it LIVES!!

Then there was the travelers palm which we put in three years ago. I cut it back moderately, and today I noticed there are two new fronds shooting up. I wonder how long it will take to get another dozen big fronds wafting in the breeze?

Finally my new Mandavilla (Little Red Riding Hood--love that name--maybe I can borrow it for a soap name?!?!?) It is a very tiny thing now that I cut it way back, but, I see some tiny buds and leaves starting. And up in the upper part of the frame, do you see the little snail? :)

No comments: