Tuesday, April 7, 2009

Lake Eola's Fiesta in the Park, Orlando, FL, April 4 &5, 2009



Lake Eola is in the history books! It was an absolutely gorgeous weekend...and the 30% chance of rain on Sunday never materialized, so, all was well. My friend, Lynn the SpiceLady was next door to me this weekend--so that was fun. She was kind of sick on Saturday and just having come off being sick I was really hoping the germs stayed on her side! LOL

When I got to the park to set up on Friday night, there were only about half the booths setup already. That is unusual since I set up late, but, I didn't think too much of it...until I arrived at 7a.m. on Saturday and there weren't that many more booths set up. Bummer. To top that off, they put another soapmaker just a couple booths down from me, instead of on the opposite end of the bridge like normal. But, she turned out to be a nice gal from Winter Garden with very small, expensive organic soaps. SO, we were different enough that it ended up not mattering.

Overall, there were 100 missing vendors this year. The committee agreed to let the crafters from the Sunday Farmers Market into the Fiesta this year. We had some issues with the farmer's market folks following the rules the rest of us put up with year after year...but in the end it all worked out for everyone. I met a nice lady and her daughter who make the coolest aprons, Janice and Jenise. Look for their website at http://www.aflavoredlife.com/.

Sunday I walked over to the vegetable stand and bought some pole beans, strawberries, red peppers and radishes. I also started getting a killer headache in the afternoon--one of those that make you feel like you are gonna get sick. Unfortunately, the lavender essential oil on the temples didn't help this time...and it got worse when I loaded up. My van was sitting right near one of the big catering trucks the food vendors use--and they were burning diesel. Yuck! It finally let up about 9 pm. so I could get unloaded.

So, I ended up doing fine thanks to many of you regulars. Without you all, I would be forced to give up something I love doing. Thank you!!! From the bottom of my heart!

1 comment:

Apron Lady said...

Hi It is 11:30pm n I am just sitting down at computer. Been busy replenishing inventory - you describe it all very well. Enjoying the blog.

Thanks for all the info and the kind words. The fall Fiesta should be better attended by both crafters and shoppers and hopefully issues will be resolved :) gtg "Apron Lady"